Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rowing...

"He went into the hills to pray"-Mark 6:46

...from Max Lucado's "Everyday Blessings: 365 Days of Inspirational Thoughts"

(from April 26 page)
"What does Jesus do while we are in the storm? You'll love this.
He prays for us....
So where does that leave us? While Jesus is praying and we are in the storm, what are we to do? Simple. We do what the disciples did.
We row....
Much of life is spent rowing....Getting out of bed. Fixing lunches....
More struggle than strut."
Here I am rowing, and the phone rings (because I have a technologically updated row boat :) )...and this new sweet friend I am getting to know, calls letting me know how her healing is going (she's rowing her boat with one arm in a sling- I should complain!) and the laughter she brings...it makes the rowing so much easier:) Sometimes, we focus so hard on our rowing we forget to look out across the water... or close our eyes and have sweet memories... or best of all, look up and feel His sweet rain upon our cheeks, knowing the rain, the waves, the storm will pass. Storms can be big or they can be the looming clouds...just there. Sometimes our hearts are heavy and honestly, times I'm not even sure why. Terri as you put it, that "funk"! I think of sludgy muck hangin around (is that visual for you!) When this time comes, we have a choice to make...do we get covered by it and run to the fridge (I am a comfort food girl at heart), do we crawl into bed, do we withrawl into our caves....or do we keep on rowing?
My hearts prayer...dear Lord, keep me rowing, move my arms, strengthen my legs, fill my lungs (my soul) with new breath, give me fresh eyes to see, fill me spirit with laughter, Lord draw me near...dear Lord, keep me rowing!
Laughter... what a precious gift....Jesus...what a most precious gift. Thank you Lord.
"Have faith in God, " Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone...does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
-Mark 11:22-24
Believe, love, laugh, cry, rejoice...and wait on Him, that His perfect will would be done. For you are more precious to Him than the finest of gems, you are His creation filled with His spirit, held in his arms, adored by his heart, loved by your Father and Creator.
If you haven't experienced that personal relationship with Jesus, oh sweet one, surrender your heart and allow Him to start moving and healing in you, allow Him to fill that unexplainable void you have..it is simply that place that is waiting for Him. Allow yourself the peace and forgiveness (and restoration) that only He can give. Come before Him with all of your stuff and say,
"Jesus here I am with my mistakes, here I am with all the mistakes I'm still making. Dear Lord I can't make it right, I need your help. Forgive me for doing wrong, forgive me for my sins, forgive me for being a sinner. The bible tells me you love me, because you created me, and you are just and right to forgive me for my sins when I ask. (1 John 1:9) I'm asking Jesus. Forgive me. Please come into my heart and help me to live a life that is pleasing to you. I trust and know you will teach me how to live a life that is pleasing to you. Please show me the freedom only you can give and give me the strength to continue to learn and love you. Jesus, come into my heart. Save me. Forgive me. You died for my sins (John 6:29,40,51) and rose from the grave (Matthew 28:5-6). Jesus you are the Son of God. (1 John 4:15) You are the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6) In Jesus name, Amen.
Sweet one, if you have prayed this prayer- bless you! You are saved. Find yourself a good church home that believes these things (that has sound doctrine.) Seek help and support and read God's word- the bible. I personally use the NIV (New International Version) bible, because I find it is easier for me to understand the language, but there is also the KJV (King James Version) and others. Take it one step at a time, find other Christians to mentor and give support to you and trust in the Lord, He will guide you and lead you on a path to freedom and forgiveness. He did all of these things for me, He'll do them for you:) I was 23 when I asked Jesus into my heart. You can be 6 or 96, it is never too late and never too much to be forgiven. God bless you!
more information/prayer links: here, here (click on looking for peace with God) here, here
*Please leave me a note of your testimony, your prayer, your salvation...

1 comment:

Terri said...

Amen sister! Row on!

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts