Monday, May 26, 2008

treasuring the moments...

Oh, life has been busy, busy:) I've had to step back from the computer also, I must admit, as I tend to hang out here for quite awhile, letting my children watch way too much tv and ignoring the true things that need to be done. And then wondering why I'm so irritated because I am so behind on housework and have sweet boys that are lacking in much needed attention...the cycle continues unless I make a change!

Life is well...God is truly impressing upon my heart gratitude, contentment, peace, joy, trust (not fear) and waiting on HIM. Life is precious and our days are numbered.

Looking at my sweet family today, Daddy driving a skiff with his three boys, with the excitement of four boys, jumping waves...me, mama, had to take a deep breath. Today, I made a choice to trust my Lord, to push those thoughts away of the so many "what if's" and to enjoy the laughing faces of these 4 men the Lord has allowed me to be part of. I tend to be a bit over protective, over cautious, letting my mind start to run off. But my dear Lord says, He has not given me a spirit of fear. He says for me to trust Him, lay my worries at His feet...and when I do... I can simply enjoy what He has blessed me with, treasuring the moments, thanking Him with a humble, gratitude-filled, content heart....seeing Him in the biggest to the smallest thing.

Life is good...because of Him...may we treasure His moments, not clutching them afraid to let them go, but enjoy them with the trust that His plan is great and mighty, with more to come, and the Lord can use all to His glory. Our time here on earth, our joys, our hurts, with the acceptance of Jesus as our Lord and Savior, is just a short time to bring the good news and love of Jesus to others who don't know of His salvation and to go through stretching and learning to be drawn closer to our most precious Heavenly Father. But all of it, is just a moment in time, to the promise of the life we'll have with our Father.

"I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord." -Luke 13:35

Praise the Lord! So may we hear and follow the Lord, thanking Him for the gifts He's given us, for the people He's placed us with and praying to fill the calling He has upon our lives, trusting with faith, sharing the gospel and the love of Jesus and His gift of salvation. That when we are with our Heavenly Father, He make look upon us and say, "...well done good and faithful servant." -Matthew 25:23

"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." -John 8:31-32

Amen!

1 comment:

Sarah A. said...

I loved the post, but I have to ask: what is a skiff? (Sorry, I am probably the only one who doesn't know.)

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts