Thursday, December 25, 2008

A work in progress...

The Lord has been working in my heart...

I had asked Him a while ago to purge me, clean out my spirit...as I worded it at a women's meeting, "take it out and wash it and put it back in."--not sure where that came from! :)

So lately, I've been trying to discern what is of the Lord and what is my flesh. Is there a call to more, to give more at home or is it a desire to not work outside of the home so I can be comfortable? Do I desire a lifestyle that seems more of Him because He is placing that on my heart or because I'm not content where He has me? Do I desire to be back "home" because it is my comfort zone or because He is saying we will be when it is His timing, allowing me a peace in my heart with the hope of.

I'm having peace with waiting on His answers. I'm not sure of the answers quite yet (flesh or Him) but I have that peace that He will show me in His time and all I am to do now is bring it to Him, try my best, be a good steward, submit to my husband (a huge step in faith-not because of my hubby but my own stubborness-AND I say how amazing it has been to listen to him and show him respect with my actions, not just my words...it is my heart...the Lord working in my heart!) and be the Lord's servant with His children and our church.

Today at church, we had our Christmas service and oh, how precious! I some how lead the little ones in singing three songs during service and I have to say WOW were they amazing! God's grace covered my complete unqualification for this job (I had to sing in front of others-sorry for them!) and I had that one brief moment of thinking maybe we shouldn't do this since we're not prepared but the Holy Spirit quickly kicked that out because as my friend spoke--this is for the Lord! Amen! Oh and the joy I felt seeing those little faces singing their love for Jesus and His love for them! Oh, all for you Lord, none for me, just the joy of being part of serving you!

I'm learning Lord! Please keep teaching me, it is Your will, not mine!

Today I felt a peace in our church home that I don't think I've ever felt. I've shared our church home has had a bumpy ride, with a lot of hurt on all sides. My hubby and I were blessed to be on the outside of the problems and lately the envirornment was starting to become discouraging. But the Lord had let us know, it's about Him and not us...and today I was privileged to be part of that glimpse of His fruit and humbled by His grace and grateful I chose (and choose) to serve Him.

An update on our family- our oldest was baptized December 7th by his daddy. What an amazing moment! I couldn't help but be in awe of our first snow that day, a blanket of white and our sweet boy professing his love of Christ in his young heart. I am now 19 weeks pregnant. We have the ultrasound on the 30th to see if this will be our 4th bouncing boy or a first pretty in pink girl...I have NO guesses. My pregnancy is different this time (barely sick) but I know better than to even second guess that (I did that with the last two pregnancies!).
Yes, it would be exciting for a girl but also a boy. Our prayer- a healthy child who will grow in the Lord and God knows who He needs here:)

My friends, a Merry and blessed Christmas. How precious the birth and savation through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. May this be a truth in your life and His peace and everlasting hope upon you and your family. God bless you all and praying for you!

With love,

1 comment:

Terri said...

I just want to give you a cyber High Five! :)

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts