Monday, August 10, 2009

His peace...

Spent too much time on the computer, kids stayed outside longer than they were supposed to, all of us ignoring what we were supposed to be doing. Checked clock, panicked at the time, day almost gone, kids didn't do lessons, laundry not done...clutter everywhere...and then the yelling begins. Upset with myself, upset with the kids lack of responsibility, my words loud but controlled (only by the grace of God), disappointment rises, baby's awake, cries ensue..uggg deep breaths needed. Jump in the shower, baby needs to be fed, I'll just be a minute, it's loud, rushed hectic, frustrated, desperate prayers, the pressure building.....
..............and then it all stops, He checks my spirit, this is what is real....sweet little one crying hysterically, cradled in my arms, against my chest...slowly calms down, I whisper words of comfort, prayers to my Father out loud and His peace envelops...we just sit until the belly is full. Calmly we all go to class, mommy explaining character, God's character, our christian family, our responsibilities, all the while the Lord checking my spirit about the same things. We arrive late but calm. Read devotional in the car while baby nurses, praying, asking for forgiveness for my own attitude and poor character training and modeling...His peace and joy envelop.
Psalm 84........
The evening continues, prepare dinner, speak with hubby, continued character training, tears, hugs, lessons, obedience, devotion and prayer, questions of baptism and His saving grace, hugs and kisses goodnight....thankful for His abundant grace and peace.....
His order gracefully taking over my chaos, because He checked my spirit, I listened, and asked for His forgiveness, prayer and worship..and He is merciful.
My heavenly Father loves, forgives and is my strength...His mercies unending, lavishing love...
I sigh...sleeping little one, three peaceful bigger ones, husband resting...
I know His peace envelops...we praise His great and mighty name...

"Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young-
a place near your altar,
O Lord Almighty, my King and my
God." Psalm 84:3

"1. A nest is a place of security, rest and provision.
2. It is a place to lay my children on God's altar daily.
3. It will take a sacrifice of time to seek knowledge and wisdom for my young."
(Debby Boone, devotional from Women's Devotional Bible, p.615)

*#3 speaks loudly to my heart-I must give of my time to glorify the Lord in teaching my children and instilling godly character. God bless you and your home...

No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts