Wednesday, September 22, 2010

pictures and gifts...

I'm thinking I would like to share more family photos, especially considering I'm so terrible about sending my dear family photos of our boys.  Would you like a chuckle (well, I hope you'll chuckle)--last week I sent 2 boxes, one to my mom and grandma, the other to my dad and stepmom.  The contents of those boxes:  Mother's Day gifts, Birthday gifts (you know, for May AND January) AND the best part...CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR 2009!  Yes, so sad I know!  How many times I say, I am a work in progress!  As always, I am reminded though, my God is good and so much bigger than me and my many faults and short comings.

Praise Him, He really does care for my heart and my desire to grow.  No matter what, I am precious and worthy in Him.  Not because I am fabulously organized or consistently on time.  Not because my house is immaculate, the laundry is always done and put away or the house is free of clutter.  And not because my family's meals consist of wholesome, organic, home-cooked foods, and their days always end with showers, devotionals and story time.  These things are what I am working on and my heart's desire to be the norm in our household (and majority of it is hard let me tell ya!)  I have failed at many things, and I will continue to.  But I must listen to my Heavenly Father knowing He is my creator and He does not make mistakes.  He has given me all I need IN HIM.  Seeking to accomplish these things on my own is futile but with Him...the sky's the limit!  Amen!  I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me (and so can you.)

1 Peter 4:11 (New International Version)

11If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


Well, onto the pictures...Praying all is well with you!

mama and her boys
the big brothers with the littlest brother (now I might be partial but I think they might be the best big brothers in the whole world!)  ;)..and yes, these are older pictures!

5 comments:

Ruth (the blogger) said...

Yay for more pictures of your beautiful family!!! You left out the Mr.! :)

Sarah A. said...

Love the pictures!!! How sweet!

Bree said...

Ruth-I know! I'm working on it-the next post will be an ode to the Mr.! :)

Bree said...

Ruth-I know! I'm working on it-the next post will be an ode to the Mr.! :)

myletterstoemily said...

oh, i love these pictures of your
precious, handsome boys!!! i
don't even care how old they are.

you remind so much of the movie
actress, but i can't think of her
name. oh well, she has the same
lovely heart shaped face.

blessings on your sweet boys!

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts