Friday, January 21, 2011

Miss America...

Some thoughts here...

...found myself watching the Miss America Pageant the other night, not something I would usually be watching.  Despite what I thought it was going to be like, I was pleasantly pleased for majority of it, what they spoke about, physical limitations...Something that really stood out to me though, these girls have worked really hard to accomplish this goal.  They have used gifts the Lord has given them (whether they know it or not) and blossomed.  I'm speaking specifically about the talent section.  The winner of the pageant is 17 and a phenomenal piano player!  Really, how many hours, years did this girl practice?  Point is, I don't want to let a gifting lay dormant simply because of fear, lack of motivation, lack of organization...just plain ol' laziness.  And I don't want to let this happen with our sweet ones.  My hubby wanted to be a professional boxer and he did it.  He has dreams and I believe he can accomplish them (of course with the Lord's blessing and if this is where He wants him.)  He has inspired me with his hard work and determination and lack of fear (pushing through it if there is.)

We have this one life, one life the Lord has a plan for.  
Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Let us serve Him with our whole hearts!
Let us seek Him and His will for our lives
...that He may be glorified...in the big and the small.

something grand to grow out of something so small, designed with a purpose by our Mighty God...


He is so good :)


Galatians 6:7-8 (NIV)


 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.


No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts