Friday, June 28, 2013

day 20 intentionally...Maine days


















We are blessed by my hubby's sweet family. I love that our boys can play in the "toy corner" with toys my husband played with as a child. There is usually a game of Scrabble happening, rolling crescent rolls with J and helping Uncle P with yard work or getting the fire going.  Aunt P is usually taking pictures (a gifted photographer!) and J (family friend) is the creative and amazing chef (Shepard's pie is the big hit!) Then there is G- one busy lady!  So being able to meet for dinner is a treat. What a beautiful lady she is and a precious family she has raised.  I am grateful to be part of her family.
Our visits are always centered around a meal which is always amazing and then always followed by an ice cream buffet!  Growing up, my paternal grandparents ended dinners with ice cream so this is a sweet moment for me being able to continue the same with my in-laws.  Knowing this was our going away dinner with them was bittersweet.  Precious memories...more to come....(hopefully by plane though-I'm ALL DONE with that drive for A LONG TIME!) ;)

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 ESV


No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts