Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 31 intentionally - the year in review...lots of pics ;)




photo by m
photo by m

photo by m










church family helping

meals with sweet friends



the deck we always wanted...




the worst picture EVER but sweet memory :)



blessed by our friendships

good bye

yep...on the way out...classic





3 families-total of 15 kids!





cousins that are the best of buddies <3 nbsp="">

Day 31 intentionally...it only took a year! LOL-the story of my life...but I've finished and that is an accomplishment for this girl ;)
What a year this has been...
We left our little Maine town and settled on the beach for the winter.
We then packed back up to return home and realized our hearts longed to be back south.  After six special and growing years (and two more babies) we went home to our little Maine town, packed, donated, painted, sold and painted some more and listed our house...and headed back down south.
We said goodbye to friends and family.
We said goodbye to what we'd known for six years and thought might have been home for years to come.
We said goodbye to our dog (because it was best for her), a snake (yes, a real snake and no I wasn't sad about that), and two fish.
We said goodbye to our church and our business and to the security of being comfortable.
We packed up with all the big hopes and excitement of going back "home."

And here we are.  It has been 1 year exactly today. This has been the fastest year of our lives I think!
Has our move been easy? No.  Has it been all I'd hoped for and more?  No.  Has it been good?  Yes.  Has it been stretching and eye-opening?  Yes.  Have I cried?  Yes.  Am I rejoicing?  Yes.  Has it made me cling to my Father more than ever?  Yes...without a doubt.

I am thankful.  I am grateful.  My heart is humbled by His grace and His faithfulness.  He is patient, kind and merciful...and oh so full of love.  This is a love that is beyond compare, without boundaries, unconditional, just yet full of grace.  God's love through Christ.  His love to us through our Savior that fills the emptiness, that makes a dead spiritual life alive, that heals, comforts, and soothes a weary soul.  His love that transforms the heart and opens the eyes and mind to His Truth and allows us to see ourselves and others through His eyes.  The Holy Spirit that teaches, convicts and comforts.

I wish I could show you the amazing things He has done in my life.  I try to share that as much as I can on here.  And truthfully, sometimes it sounds cheesy or way "too spiritual" or "churchy."  But it is from the depths of my heart that I share with you God's amazing work that HE has done in my life.  It has not been because I've gotten older or wiser.  It is because HE has changed me by His grace and nothing else.  I was lost and now I'm found.  When I've wanted to do my own thing He has spoken quietly to my heart telling me what the "right" choice would be and when I've been listened I've seen His amazing work.  And by His merciful hand, when I haven't listened He has still graciously allowed second chances.

I am not perfect.  I have a Savior who is.  I am still a sinner.  I am still broken and make mistakes.  But the difference now- I have hope.  I have comfort in pain and sadness.  I have a reason to rejoice and see where my help comes from.  I have purpose and the promise of a future with my Creator where there will be no sadness, sickness or pain.  I have strength for my marriage and counsel to love and care for my husband and our children.  I have His love to fill me and affirm my worth in Christ.

I have received the perfect gift.  The gift of Salvation through Jesus Christ.  The gift that promises an eternal future but also gives so much right now while living this life.  All of this by His grace.  Not because I deserved it or did anything good or right to "earn" it.  Simply a gift because He chose to give it to me.  This rebellious, stubborn, broken girl He called out of the darkness and into His light- to live freely!

Praying you know this love, truly.  Praying you, sweet one, know this unconditional love and security of your eternity.  Honestly, this isn't even something I can fathom but the love He fills me with right now and His continued showing of His grace and provision now...oh no words can express it.  I want everyone to know this love.  To know this healing.  To know this hope and joy...this peace.

He is good always!

Chris Tomlin \ Forever
Give thanks to the Lord
Our God and King
His love endures forever
For He is good, He is above all things
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
With a mighty hand
and outstretched arm
His love endures forever
For the life that's been reborn
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise

Yeah
Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever

Forever


A blessed and happy New Year to you!

Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters, “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 ESV

No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts