Sunday, August 24, 2014

banana muffins = gratefulness

Banana muffins...they're what our neighbors just brought us. It was the husband, wife, and their daughter and they came to welcome us. And as I sit here typing (quickly I hope, as I am really supposed to be doing school work) I have the sweetest feeling of peace and gratefulness of God's provision. This has been a wild year. One of relocating back "home" and leaving "home." One of moving four times, entering a new season of schooling for our boys, me returning to school, hubby changing jobs and starting a new business. I am not going to lie, it's been a bit of a weary road, a lot of face to ground crying out in prayer, and waiting. The bulletin board for the church up the road read, "I am waiting patiently on you Lord, so please hurry!" or something like that...oh, yes, can't we relate.

This is just a note, remembering He is faithful. Trying to mold our lives is not the same as allowing Him to mold our lives, even with the best of intentions. He continues to remind me that He can be trusted and His path is good. God has blessed us abundantly this year. I can say this with the humblest of hearts, grateful beyond measure. Life is not perfect...that is not what His provision has been. It is seeing God at work in our hearts and seeing His love lavished on us, be it through the help of a new small group with moving, bread and cheese dropped off with joy from a tired and terribly busy uncle, finding quiet and peace with the ocean breeze while at a child's birthday party, the leaves gently swaying outside of my bedroom window, not being upset last night when the almost two year old, who was in bed, made the most unpleasant of messes...and needed yet another shower, a heartfelt talk at church with new friends, the Gospel spoken in church boldly and clearly with love, and banana muffins...
There is much to be said about relationships and being intentional in love...and seeing it.

 I love the Lord, because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live.~Psalm 116:1-2
For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue,[e] and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness,and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities[f] are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8

No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts