Monday, November 15, 2010

homeschooling in grace...

As of right this minute, all four boys are with daddy watching a show in our room.  I know my time here is limited to say the least---well, at least because of the 1 1/2 year old, bedtime and all!  So as I sit here, I'm reflecting on my day...the thoughts that went through my head....

.....Calgon take me away..... (geez, there might be someone out there who has no idea what I'm talking about, how funny!)

My goodness, I am exhausted to say the least!  But, no matter what, God is SO GOOD!  This is week 3 of the boys being home, beginning of week 2 with homeschooling.  Day 1 of homeschooling consisted of tears, fortunately, just from myself and the 1 year old ;)  As I've spoken before about our homeschooling (oh, there's the 1 year old, he's been released from the room, LOL...to write later)...

...(3 hours later...)...so, as I was saying, our homeschooling started 5 years ago with our oldest in Kindergarten.  They have been in public school off and on for 3 years total, funny thing is never a full year for any of those years (well, maybe not funny to someone else?)

Through all the times of homeschooling I have never felt the Lord's presence like I do now.  I say with the humblest of heart, this is His will for our lives.  Our Day 1 last week consisted of the wee one screaming, not wanting to nap, being a child I didn't recognize to say the least.  Then there was the "in my face" realization of what I did not have prepared, what schedule we did not have and the flooding of emotions of failure from past attempts at homeschooling.  Sigh....


But He reminded me, "My compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is My faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23)


And His precious love continues to remind me as we continue to find or way in this new season to carry on for He is with me, with us.


"I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
   therefore I will wait for him.”  (Lamentations 3:24)



Oh, yes, His love endures forever, sing praise!  He has equipped me to carry on the work He desires to be done and His peace is priceless, it is what sustains me, it is what strengthens me to carry on and to give all that I have, trusting He will lead.



"The LORD makes firm the steps
   of the one who delights in him;"  (Psalm 37:23)



I am humbled by His grace, what love He pours out, there are no words for this preciousness...don't you agree? :)


Bless you sweet ones,

No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts