Saturday, April 9, 2011

seeing is believing (by His grace)...


New Year's Day I sat with my Bible in hand, reading His Word and had an unmistakable peace.  I wanted to dive into His Word, to make changes in our life that would be honoring to our precious LORD.  For this to be a year of changes, growth, learning and drawing nearer to Him.

Well, as with most New Year's resolutions (though I would definitely not categorize this desire as a NY's resolution-just a comparison being that it was New Year's day), life takes over and those "great changes" start to move to the back burner.

So this great journey I was to embark on, grabbing the bull by the horns so to speak, TV turned off, cloth diapers in hand, garden started, canning in process, crafting and journaling a daily habit, sewing, drawing, schooling and planning flowing, nature journals overflowing, organizing, de-cluttering, streamlining the home and daily duties and most importantly, diving into His Word-learning, searching, growing, being fully immersed in Him (can you imagine it, being completely submerged in His love, in His truth, in HIM?!)  Oh, it is breath-taking at the thought!

Well...as I'm writing this, these were my heart's desires and I was going to say that not, if any, progress had been made in these areas, but the truth is...there has been.  And the next only truth, it has been God who has lead these paths, not my own doing (isn't He wonderful!)  I have not made a conscious effort to put these desires into practice; one, due to lack of motivation; two, due to lack of organization and three, due to my perfectionist tendencies which usually result in null attempts (yep, sad but true.)  So what has the Lord done?  He has set these things into motion by circumstance, forcing me with His gentle hand to move into these directions.  Again, I say it:  He is wonderful!  (I'm not going to lie, not sure if I'm using the correct punctuation-have mercy on me :) )

So there you go, sometimes (a lot of times!) we have to step outside of ourselves, out of our boxes and look, that we can see what He's doing.  We can be blown away by His mighty work in the smallest of things.  The fact that He loves us, sinful and all is miracle enough.  And to think of the mighty blessings He has for us; us, an undeserving, selfish, filth covered people...saved only by the cross with grace.  Whoo-takes your breath away, humbling isn't it?

Yes, I am journeying with Him, seeking His (not my own, which I'm continuously laying at His feet) will...oh, He is good always and forever :)

“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.” -Hebrews 1:3

No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts