Saturday, May 24, 2014

freedom

I picked this photo, sadly, because I only have two pictures on this computer and I figured the deck was a good thing, Memorial Day and all, then I saw it...do you see it?..The shadow of the cross...how I am humbled at His love and goodness :)

I am grateful that He continually reminds me of His goodness. He is faithful. I am humbled at God's grace.

Have a beautiful and blessed weekend, celebrating the freedoms fought for us by our service men and women, but more importantly, the freedom we have through Christ-the price that was paid on our behalf before we even knew of His goodness. I am guilty of taking these freedoms, both in our country and in my own salvation, for granted. But both came with a heavy price, one temporary and the other eternal. In both, I did nothing good to deserve them. But both have been offered to me and for that I am eternal grateful. I have the freedom to live here in this country to worship freely, to speak, to teach, to learn...and eternally, the gift of forgiveness of my sins and the gift of life, through Jesus Christ.

Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10 ESV

16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts