Monday, November 19, 2007

thanksgiving & rejoice...

Hello sweet friends,

I love blogs. I love that I am able to be encouraged by women I don't even know, who are walking on a path with the Lord that He speaks to me too with. I love that I am able to share what He is working in my heart or even something silly my kids did.

I am so grateful and inspired by these other blogs that many times I have so many things I want to share that I think I would be glued to the computer all day! However, I know that that would not be a good choice! So I have to try and post when I can and not over think it!

Thus my post today is just this- love the Lord with all your heart. Enjoy your family. Sing while your doing the dishes and making dinner for the thousandth time (instead of grumbling-I going to post this all over my kitchen!) See the sweet face that is behind the screaming because you've said no. See the man you've been blessed with when your list starts compiling of the things "he hasn't done" and begin listing the things he has done (and does everyday). Pray for that angry person in the store, or the mom who is yelling at her kids (because you don't know what her day is, you've probably been there or she may not have hope in her life-Jesus). Rejoice when a flaw you have has been pointed out (when it comes from love) and not become defensive. Trust that the Lord is in control. That He is there, cheering you on, giving you hope, wiping your tears, laughing with you, hearing your prayers, taking care of you, going before you.
Rejoice that your life has meaning. Rejoice that every moment of your life He lavishes His grace and mercy on you. Rejoice that you can be forgiven and that you can forgive. Rejoice that you are loved, even when everyone may seem like they are against you, He is not!

Take pleasure in the moments, don't rush through to get to the next moment (sometimes a lot easier said than done!) God blesses us and teaches us all the time, even in the small things and I sure don't want to miss that. Rejoice in doing for others and don't allow the lies of what's not being done for you-bring all thoughts into the obedience of Christ!

Rejoice with PRAISE, PRAISE, PRAISE!!!!!!
I can't think of anything better than filling your mind, heart and mouth with His word and His love to get rid of the things that try and steal your (and the ones around you) joy.
This post didn't have much direction other than me just wanting to share what was on my heart, but I can say I am learning what the meaning of Thanksgiving is...
Lord help me to make Thanksgiving everyday, not just one. Help me to see your hand in everything. Lord help me to not grow weary with the everyday. Instead may I rejoice that I have an everyday and you allowed a place, a family, a friend, a neighbor for me to serve you in. Lord forgive me for my selfish ways and cleanse my heart, help me to forgive and to be a light for you. Thank you for your mercy and grace. May I show your love to all of those I am around. May my home be a place of joy, peace, and unconditional love. In Jesus name-Amen.
"Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." Psalm 37:5-6
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:8
Praise His name, for He is worthy!
God bless and Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Sarah A. said...

What an encouraging post! Thanks!

(I know why your heart is overflowing with joy, too!!!)

Terri said...

Such a great post! Thank you Bree for always sharing from your heart.

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts