Saturday, February 2, 2008

Grace...

"...Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it [a thorn in my flesh] away from me. But he said to me,

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me...For when I am weak, then I am strong."
-2 Corinthians 12: 8-10

My grace is all you need to get through...

This passage ran clear through my mind this past week. It was whispered from my lips, it flowed through my spirit.

Your grace is sufficient for me. I didn't even realize what it truly meant to me, but when I would say it, or He would run it through my mind, my heart would be at rest. His strength was what endured. His strength was made perfect in my weakness.

Paul spoke of boasting. He could speak of the great things he was part of. He could speak of the miracles he saw, of the torture he endured for the work of Christ. But he spoke of his weaknesses. His testimony was of the Lord's mighty work; the Lord's grace and mercy; the Lord's love and protection. The Lord's work through a man who was sinful and weak, but had a heart for Him, ...and His grace was sufficient.

May His grace be sufficient for you. May the love of Jesus resonate through your heart and spirit. May His strength, His power be made perfect in your weakness. May you be comforted by the love of your heavenly Father, whose love is unfailing, unconditional and abundant in grace and mercy. In Jesus' name, Amen

God bless you, in Christ's love...

No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts