Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 days of being intentional- day 2


First off, even though the dates show I'm on track... uh yep, I've missed a day already...have I bitten off more than I can chew already?!  Never, I say!  (can you tell I didn't get enough sleep last night ...)

Okay, so I'm not giving up or beating myself up for missing a day, even though those nasty little thoughts crept in already..."another thing you won't finish; you can't do this" etc.  Blah.

On to being intentional :)  One of my sweet ones asked me to watch a cartoon today.  My first thought-the baby is sleeping, I can tackle the laundry and the dishes before he wakes up!  Then there was that quiet reminder, he won't ask me to watch something with him for much longer and though the things I wanted to do needed to be done, this was important to him.  I chose what was better...we laughed at the crazy little cowboy mouse plucking Tom's whiskers out for guitar strings.

Later today, the same situation came up with our oldest, this time with a video online.  We actually watched more than just the one.  It was fun :)

There is more to these little moments then just doing something they ask me to do.  I am saying to them with my actions that I love them, not just with my words. I want them to be able to think back onto their  childhood and remember me doing stuff with them, not just me making meals for them or keeping the house clean.  Quality time...

On the final note- I followed through on my words to the 3 year old AND he was obedient (he's struggling a little in this area with adjustment to baby.)  Yay!  And after three attempts (and a lot of time) at trying to print pictures for the baby announcements and thank you cards I finally did it on the fourth attempt and accepted IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT.  Baby steps... :)

A good day...remembering the little things that have lasting effects...by His grace.


“The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant. My eyes are ever toward the LORD, for he will pluck my feet out of the net.” Psalm 25:14-15 ESV


1 comment:

Ruth (the blogger) said...

don't beat yourself up! just like the importance of time with your kids, you also need time to yourself, here on your blog. i'm here to cheer you on! <3

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts