Wednesday, June 16, 2010

seasons...

An interesting book review and blog here...especially with summer about, time to cram in some books!  Here in our little coastal town, life in the summer becomes filled with "people from away" and the locals working like crazy, because again, we're a little coastal town that thrives on the tourism.  Its funny, we yearn for the summer (sun mostly) and then it comes and most us don't enjoy the picturesque beauty, and we yearn for the end of "the season." And then the winter comes...and stays and we yearn for the summer...and then it comes....I suppose you get my point. ☺

But truthfully, as I look at where I am and where I live, I find myself offering up praises to my Lord for His majesty.  I praise Him, though I may not be lounging about as so many I see, I live here, where they have traveled to, from who knows where and from what life they may have.  And (yes, yes, I know I'm not supposed to start sentences with "and"- it is fitting for how I'm speaking though) when it all comes down to it, my treasures are not to be here, but with my precious Lord, where one day I will be in His glorious presence...and for this, I am accountable for my actions, attitudes and heart in the now.

I must remember there are seasons for everything.  A time to sow and a time to reap, a time to work and a time for rest, and a time to live and a time to die...and I have the promise of Heaven when all is said and done.  So for now, with my mini temper tantrums and woe-is-me moments (fortunately, most are in my head!) when I see the "people from away" enjoying their visits or seasonal stays, I will humbly request the Lord's mercy and forgiveness, and remember I am rich beyond measure for the Creator of all that is good and lovely... loves me with an abounding grace.  He has a season for me and truly does care about my heart's desires.  I will look to Him and praise Him and serve Him with all I am and do, for He has lessons for me to learn and places for me to serve...may my heart be pleasing to Him, that one day He shall say, "well done my good and faithful servant."

Thinking of you, praying you see Him in the everything, that you see Him, yourself and situations through His eyes and praise in all times...for He is good always!


It is a land the LORD your God cares for; the eyes of the LORD your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.

So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the LORD your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul- then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and oil.
Deuteronomy 11:12-14 (New International Version)
a glimpse at His beauty in the everyday moments...


1 comment:

myletterstoemily said...

oh dear, i am one of those people,
i'm afraid. not as a visitor to a coastal
town but to a mountain town.

you are so kind to not judge the
slothful. :)

i pray that someday, you, too, will be
able to just enjoy the beautiful place
you live. your heart is so sweet.

blessings,
lea

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts