Monday, July 23, 2012

thankful

the view

Thankful for...

~an unplanned family vacation gifted to us by more than one person, in their own ways, not realizing how the Lord brought all of their "small" gifts to equal a "big" one for our family
~VBS for our boys
~a mama leading praise (with a gentle smile) for little ones after a long night of losing a dear loved one
~a hug from an unlikely one
~my honey loving me with my love language and not his own
~growing belly
~contentment by His grace
~sweet ones with their own personalities, me humbly trying to embrace each one
~a talk with a dear friend (can you believe we've been friend for almost 21 years?!)
~answered prayer
~continued prayer
~His grace
~His mercy (aren't these two -shouldn't they be- on every list?)
~lunch with a sweet friend, a bunch of little knights and a precious princess (how our conversations bless me...and of course the coffee too ;) )
~the trials of the past five years...gifts from the Lord
~His Word
~blessings that have resulted from hubby going back to school: growing in our faith, the relationship of a daddy with his sons, God's work in my heart, teaching in our home...and yes, the blessing of this dear man learning so much about business and how God has wired him...a privilege to see
~quiet time
~continued learning of who I am in Him and the unlearning of who I think I am
~a slate truly wiped clean with the cross...a gift so undeserved but so freely and lovingly given...with a price I could never pay
~the gift of Him showing me this after believing the lie for so long
~a family excited about sharing His Word and the testimony shared on Sunday
~being able to answer two big questions from two innocent boys...who didn't "already" know the answers
~being able to write this
~a breakfast date with my honey tomorrow :)
~our wedding anniversary...the gift of this marriage from the Lord

Praying you find joy in the smallest of things, contentment in where He has you...praising Him in all things.

We don't find answers in explanations to"why did this happen?" We find answers in God's promises...and His promise to you, " My grace is sufficient for you."~Warren Wiersbe




(What is the most profound statement you have ever heard about the christian life?
Warren Wiersbe said... “Christians don’t live by explanations, we live by promises.”)


And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.~ 2 Corinthians 12:9


No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts