Wednesday, December 10, 2014

'tis the season...



So I'm not going to lie...this is how I have been feeling lately. I truly love Christmas time, first and foremost for the unbelievable gift of Jesus as my Savior. And then in celebrating Him, the traditions of the season- baking, parties, the music, gift giving...the kindness that tends to linger in the air more so than usual. However, this year has been a bit harder, and though I am struggling with trying not to lose the joy, I am actually finding the true joy of Christmas. It has been a year and half since our big move and then three mini moves since then. With that we have prayed earnestly for work and our needs have been met but definitely not the way we had expected or hoped for, leaving us still praying earnestly. So as I have entered the stores here and there and accept that I cannot buy the gifts I want to for others, the blessing has been in realizing...it's okay not to. And in all of this...He is with me. God is faithful and I will not lose hope. I will continue to pray earnestly, thanking Him for every thing He has blessed us with. His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8), He gives not as the world gives (John 14:27) and I am so thankful. We are clinging to this peace and the joy He gives. How good our God is: patient, kind, merciful and abounding in love. 

L O V E... 

G R A T I T U D E...

J O Y...

P E A C E...

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love."~ John 15:9


So this is how I am trying to take each day, with silliness and joy :) Jesus paid the ultimate price for my life and yours...and though there may be times of weeping and frustration, joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5).

How is your Christmas season? Are you finding rest and joy in His word and in His faithfulness? Praying you are...

1 comment:

Terri said...

Love you Bree! Thank you for always being honest and encouraging

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts