Friday, January 19, 2018

Pray without ceasing

Our cousin's precious wife and their sweet girl. When the Lord so graciously answers years long prayers. 💓  

This past year the Lord has impressed upon my heart His faithfulness. In His provision for our family, He has used a job that has forced me to stay quiet with my own thoughts, to be on my face in prayer, to cling with desperation knowing my own strength was nonexistent and to truly seek Him and who I am in Him. 

Realizing I am not in control of this life and that He truly loves me and hears me is priceless. Being able to have that peace and security of knowing He is for me has allowed me to begin to move forward daily with joy and trust. My husband and I have been pressing into the Lord with prayer and He answered some huge things in our lives that are unmistakably Him. But we had to go through the seasons we were in for Him. These were specifically with work but the Lord used them to refine us, to praise Him no matter what and, I believe, to bless others in the process. God does and is doing so much more than we realize and this is when praying without ceasing and letting go come in full force. 

I will be sharing in my next post about our crazy but amazing month of November. It is truly a sweet and huge testimony of His continued faithfulness. 

Bless you sweet ones, press into Him and if I may recommend, my friend posted on Instagram recently about her morning routine in the Word. I have been being intentional to read His word for 30 minutes everyday this week. I am quick to pick up my phone and scroll through social media or start the laundry or anything else thinking reading my Bible has to be a perfect time and place. But the truth is I need to stop and sit to start well (and it helps I also am reading Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World I am definitely on the Martha side, which can steal my joy a lot of the time.)

Any morning or evening routines you have with the Lord?

Happy and blessed week.

For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him. 
Samuel 1:27

No comments:

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts