Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Seeking Him...part I

** I was just watching Julie and Julia again (5/22/2010) and after enjoying the movie decided to google Mrs. Julie Powell and her blog.  Well, I am sad to say, though I feel the movie is light-hearted, Mrs. Powell's blog uses many curse words, but to the worst, taking our precious Lord's name in vain.  I might truly gather she is not a Christian, thus she does not know what she is saying.  However, I do feel it is my responsibility to recommend things that are glorifying to our precious Father.  I will not be reading her blog again.  It broke my heart to see such disrespect (and as a Christian I say, hateful words).  We must all be careful with our choices and what we say, read, do...we are to be a light for our Lord and that includes our actions, not just our words.  My apologies for not being aware of this sooner, please forgive me.  I might encourage us all though, let's lift Mrs. Powell up in prayer, that she would come to know the beautiful and loving Father that has created her and given her the gifts she has.  Let us pray for her salvation and that of her family.  Our God is so good always and desires a loving relationship with us all, His children, His creation.  And it is our responsibility to lift those up to Him that do not know Him- He did this for us.  I was lost but now am found, and I am humbly grateful that my life is in Him, when before it was so very far, I was like Mrs. Powell.  I did nothing to deserve His grace and love but He chose to give it to me, despite who I was (and am) and to give me hope and a future and blessings are too numerous to count.  I am humbled by the love of my Jesus.  I pray you are as well.
Bless you dear ones, for His love and grace abounds.

Proverbs 4:23 (New International Version)


 23 Above all else, guard your heart,
       for it is the wellspring of life.

Psalm 126:2 (New International Version)


 2 Our mouths were filled with laughter,
       our tongues with songs of joy.
       Then it was said among the nations,
       "The LORD has done great things for them."



I finally saw Julie and Julia the other the night! (yes, I know how far behind I am!)  I must say-what a lovely movie!  First, can you identify with the whole "blog thing"?!  It truly is a wonderful place where you can just share your thoughts- no editor needed!  I have been blessed by so many blogs, people I can say the Lord has truly bestowed upon the gift of writing, photography, art, poetry etc.  But there is more to it than this...it has been a place where people have shared their hearts, their struggles, their joys, and humbly given it to Him, all to His glory.  There are friends out there in the "bloggy land" that I pray for, that my heart aches for, that I rejoice with and that I glean from.

Recently, I found myself struggling with the thoughts of who am I, what are my dreams and what is God's purpose for me?  Repeating to myself, I am who I am in Christ, but honestly, I wasn't exactly clear what that meant to me.  God used this moment to allow me to share this with hubby, something very baring of my heart, to be broken and quiet, simply saying...I don't know who I am.

Hubby's precious words to me...I will know who I am in Christ, but first I must spend time with our precious Lord, knowing Him, meeting with Him, nurturing that intimate relationship with my (our) precious Creator.  Hubby said to me, once there, the Lord will show me who I am in Him...I'll see myself through Him and His plans and purpose for me.

How precious...an answer to prayer...words that were and are comforting to my heart.

A little history on these feelings...I accepted the Lord as my Savior 9 years ago.  Our oldest was a wee baby and I knew something was needed to get through this thing called "mommy" and "wife."  Looking back now, I have no  idea how that conversation came up (well I really do-God!) but in earthly terms, no idea.  I think there were little changes after that but a year and a half later, pregnant with our second, on Father's Day, I was baptized.  I stood there, a big pregnant mama, white robe on and sobbed.  I didn't know why, saying it was hormones...but no, it was my spirit rejoicing!

I can't imagine my life now had the Lord not tugged at my heart.  I see His hand upon my life way back. His hand when I rebelled, His hand when my heart was broken, His hand when I feared, His hand when  I tried to fill that void, that emptiness, with everything but Him.

These actions have brought with them consequences.  I am free in Christ-praise the Lord!  But there has been much healing and forgiveness that has been needed from my precious Lord (and then accepting and believing I'm forgiven and not living in guilt and shame).

So this has been the beginning journey of finding myself in Christ.  Literally, being a new creation in Christ.  This is who I am now, what He has given me, what He died on the cross for.  Who I was before Him is not who I am now.  It is part of me, part of my testimony, but not who I am, not who He created me to be.  I am a sinner, broken and flawed, but I am precious, grace filled and loved by my Creator.  He is my strength, my rock and my God, my Father with an everlasting love for me, His daughter.  There is nothing more I could ask for...His grace is sufficient for me...and this is precious.... this is His love....

2 Samuel 22:29
You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.
2 Samuel 22:28-30 (in Context) 2 Samuel 22 (Whole Chapter)


Psalm 18:28
You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.
Psalm 18:27-29 (in Context) Psalm 18 (Whole Chapter)


Psalm 119:105
[ n Nun ] Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:104-106 (in Context) Psalm 119 (Whole Chapter)


May you journey with your dear Heavenly Father on His path for your life...


Bless you!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

All I can say Bree is Thank You for this! I needed it! Love ya! ~Maggie

myletterstoemily said...

yea! a new post!

you are so precious. instead of worrying
about who you will be just "be" and
one day you will look around and be
amazed at what the Lord has done with
your life!

i'm so happy you have a sweet hubby!

mine is so wonderful, and i am very
grateful for him.

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts