Sunday, May 2, 2010

a long prayer...

There is something that speaks powerfully to my heart...prayer.  Unspoken and spoken words lifted up to a heavenly Father that rejoices and weeps with us.  A Father who knows His creation and every hair on their heads.  The One who knit us together in our mother's wombs, every stitch intentionally, fearfully and wonderfully made.

I prayed with the little ones in Sunday school this morning and one sweet 5 year old blond round cheeked precious face said, "that was a long prayer."  My heart smiled and I said with joy how I do pray long (and I am really trying to remember who I am with when I'm praying-a work in progress!) but how much I really enjoy praying.  She smiled and went along with another conversation and a few others chimed in about prayer.

Well, can I say how the Lord blessed me (just one of the ways of course!)  We're sitting in the service, little one asleep in my lap, big ones coloring, dear one next to me and our new pastor begins to pray.  He prays, heartfelt words to our heavenly Father.  Words of encouragement, words of joy, words of compassion, words of truth, words of our Lord.  And when he finishes I think, "that was a long prayer," and I pause for a minute and smile, "he has a heart for prayer."  Yes, we all have a heart for prayer but I believe the Lord has created us in different ways and some of us pray short, pray long, pray in song, pray quietly, pray loud, pray the scriptures only...all in the own way He created us to.

And my heart quietly smiled today, seeing he prayed "a long prayer."

A beautiful post about prayer by Ann Voskamp @ a holy experience.

Be blessed in our precious saviour, Jesus Christ.  May your prayer life be rich in Him.

 8 By day the LORD directs his love, 

       at night his song is with me—
       a prayer to the God of my life.-
Psalm 42:8 (NIV)


~Bree

1 comment:

myletterstoemily said...

dear bree,

i am so perplexed that you don't have
dozens of comments after these rich
blessings you share.

when i visit other blogs, like mine, that
portion out a tiny nugget and see so many
enthusiastic responses it puzzles me.

my purpose is to be salt, but very soon i
am going to begin linking here, for
hungry young women to get some
FOOD.

blessings,
lea

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts