Friday, May 7, 2010

more of Him, less of me...


I've shared bits and pieces of the Lord's workings in my heart.  Praise the Lord, He is will continue His work in me!

The past 6 months have brought us quite the many changes.  Hubby was laid off, we moved south to stay with family (all 6 -I  mean 7 of us with the dog!)  We go, work situation doesn't work out and by God's amazing hand, hubby goes back to school full time-best part-a Christian college!  We home school during this time and it is the best it has ever been-good attitudes, perseverance, completion, consistency-wow, wow and wow!  We see God's hand on situations and His grace covers.  We are blessed in a season of rest,  and encouraged in worship!  We are renewed, strengthened and deepened in our walk and faith.

We return home and life is so different then when we left.  Home is home.  We rest and stay quiet, together, studying, organizing, praying.  He is so good :)

A huge step, hubby and I have committed to praying with one another every morning.  This time in prayer has not only strengthened our marriage but it has drawn us to our heavenly Father.  I'm learning and meeting my precious Lord, learning to hear and trust His voice.

Learning Him and meeting me...

I've asked and He is answering.  I'm learning...

I've asked that He would show us the path He has for our lives, the ministry He has for our family.  I've asked for the dreams He has for us.  I've asked for bigger things than I've ever thought to ask for...but wanting what He wants, even if the answer is no.

I'm learning to be content, learning to wait, learning to encourage, learning to trust, learning to hear Him with His discernment...what He wants and having my heart reflect that and not my own wants.  Learning to discern my worldly thoughts and desires and, when swerving, swaying, being distracted from His path, He gently leads me back, reminding me to trust and wait.

He is so good ALL of the time.  He is working amazing things in our lives.  I ask dear friends for your prayers with us on this journey and His continued leadership to fulfill the ministry He has for our lives, and a contentment in this time.  I pray for wisdom for our family, schooling, stewardship and finances.  I desire to be the woman He created me to be.  To believe I am His princess, beautiful, precious, worthy and forgiven in His eyes.  I desire to be whole in my precious Christ Jesus.  I desire to be the wife, mother and daughter He created me to be and to be a good witness of the great and mighty work He has done in my life.  I pray for agreement in our household and unity on the path of our Lord.

I pray for His peace, love, joy and Hope in our lives.  I'm so thankful, He is mighty to His word, abounding in grace, love and mercy.
little one nestled safely in daddy's coat as we walk...nested safely in our Father's arms....


Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.






Psalm 17:5 (New International Version)


 5 My steps have held to your paths;
       my feet have not slipped.







Psalm 85:13 (New International Version)


 13 Righteousness goes before him
       and prepares the way for his steps.







Proverbs 4:12 (New International Version)


 12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
       when you run, you will not stumble.

1 comment:

myletterstoemily said...

sweet bree,

my, you have had a busy few months! it
is wonderful to read of the amazing gifts
the Lord is weaving into your life.

your husband and children are blessed to
have such a spirit led woman to love.

blessings,
lea

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts