Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grace abounds...

On New Year's day I sat quietly, thanking the Lord for the newness. Thanking the Lord for the sweet ones He has blessed me with.  Thanking the Lord for my dear hubby who was half way across the world at that time ministering and being ministered to.  I sat thanking the Lord for His word.

There was such peace, such a feeling of new beginnings, making changes, setting priorities and letting all the other "stuff" fall to the wayside.  First and foremost, it was to dive into His word, to soak in it to know Him more intimately, to share His love with these sweet ones He has blessed us with.

...Grace abounds...

He knows my heart, He knows my desires and He loves me despite my sinful nature, my falling short of the mark.

I said once at one of our women's groups at church that I wished I could just take my self out and wash it off.  Okay, so saying that out loud seems quite strange, but I suppose being a visual person this is how I can explain what I mean.  Wash away the faults, failures, and put back in a happy, peaceful (and organized) girl.  :)

So He says, "I have done this through the cleansing blood of Jesus...now we'll walk through it together.."

Our Heavenly Father is so good.  His ways are not our ways.  He is changing and healing and renewing my heart in His ways, not in mine...and I thank Him with  humble heart.  So we take it step by step, being quiet most of the time (He needs to constantly remind me of this I think!), listening, watching, teaching, loving and resting in His care.

"His love endures forever and by the grace of God we will carry on, His love endures forever, sing praise!"

I say this all with a Joyful heart-all by His grace!

My heart will (and does) rejoice...

Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.” ~ Mark 9:35

1 comment:

myletterstoemily said...

it makes me happy that you're so
content and full of grace. it flows
over onto us!

thank you!!!

2021 today...

And here we are two years later. We had a vile presidential election in 2020, are still having a worldwide pandemic (Covid-19), and the voic...

Popular Posts